Crucial Info for Spring 2022:
Course Facilitator (your primary instructor/grader): Carlos Mendez
Supervisor: Dr. Loren R. Schmidt
Prof. Mendez's Telephone: (509) 654-0708
Prof. Mendez's E-Mail: Mendez_C@heritage.edu
Dr. Schmidt's Telephone: (509) 865-8542 or Ext. 2112 (Work); (509) 307-0104 (Cell); (509) 574-8486 (Home)
Dr. Schmidt's E-Mail: email@example.com or (home backup) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Schmidt's Office: 2112 Simkins, Heritage University, 3240 Fort Rd., Toppenish, WA 98948
Mendez Virtual Office Hours on Zoom: Th 630-8 pm PDT/PST or by appointment
Prof. Schmidt's Virtual Office Hours on Zoom: Tentatively W 6-8 pm PDT/PST and F 130-3 pm PDT/PST or by appointment.
Prof. Schmidt's Physical Office Hours (available by phone): F 130-3 pm PDT/PST or by appointment. Also on campus most TWThF afternoons when not in meetings or class.
Time and Place: Via Internet.
Spring 2022, Only Asynchronous Option Available.
Weekly online office hours with Prof. Mendez and Dr. Schmidt for those who have questions.
1. Class for online students will meet via Internet on Heritage University Virtual Campus (AKA MyHeritage). Students will also have the opportunity to make their Seminar Leader presentation LIVE online. See "Schedule" and "Evaluation" pages or watch your weekly emails for more information.
2. Class will have weekly office hours available via Zoom on TBA. Dr. Schmidt or Prof. Mendez will discuss the reading materials and answer questions. SOME SESSIONS WILL BE RECORDED FOR LATER PLAYBACK, BUT NOT ALL.
3. Online students may use a headset or built-in microphone or phone when attending Zoom sessions IF they desire to speak instead of typing questions. Cheap headsets work just fine; webcam not required.
4. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REVIEW TECHNICAL POETRY TERMINOLOGY OR TECHNIQUES (TO ASSIST WITH YOUR PAPERS/POETRY OR PREPARE FOR NES ENDORSEMENT TESTING), YOU ARE WELCOME TO REVIEW THE MATERIALS (INCLUDING RECORDED ENG 310/510A CLASS SESSIONS) ON MYHERITAGE.
5. YOU WILL RECEIVE INVITATIONS TO WEEKLY OFFICE HOURS AND ANY POETRY SHARING SESSIONS HELD.
Xavier Kennedy and Dana Gioia, An Introduction to Poetry, 13th ed. (10th or 12th ed. okay if you have one already).
Visit These Pages Now!
Course Description and Objectives
Grading: Elements of Evaluation